Skip to main content

Lost It Today. Things Are Just Getting A little Too Depressing & Stressful

I'm not sure where to start with this particular update. Been having an unbelievably bad week. Working on Deepavali week makes it worse and the shit I go through at work doesn't make it an easier. Things have been delayed quite a bit at work to the point that people are being pushed to the limits. Tempers flared and I sort of lost it. I have to say, perhaps I should have handled the situation a lot better but there is a limit to my patience. I don't normally react the way I did but this was an exception. I'm a lot more patient and nicer.

Also the fact that everyone is on a long holiday for Deepavali and me being stuck at work exacerbates the sense of.... loneliness. Pretty depressed about it. It's a personal battle that I have to face from time to time(festive seasons are just so depressing). It's funny that the feeling of loneliness is amplified when I'm with a lot of people(which you might think is contrary to the meaning of loneliness). But this time, it's different.

Not exactly brimming with people(the place I work at) and I would have imagined I have got used to the environment here by now. I get mild depression(I call it the blues) in waves. High's and low's all the time all day. It's not terribly serious to the point I would ever contemplate suicide(I'm not a coward and have more determination than that). But it's still a bit of a chore to face them. I tend to retreat to my mental shell(it's more like a shield) if I ever feel that way(ironically, segregating myself mentally and with others... becoming alone).

I need to break out of this mess. It's affecting my life more prominently than I have expected. Time for plan B. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Into Writing Good Copies

I've been learning a little about the art of copywriting. The art of selling using written words. Interesting stuff but rather mysterious. It really does come down to the ad, the message the client wants to send out to the consumer, the theme, the things that the client would like to emphasize. I've found that writing a copy isn't like writing for a blog or a written piece of journalism of fiction or whatever your taste in writing may be.There are mainly three different areas of copy. The main headline, the sub headline and a more detailed excerpt or sales pitch(often written in a short paragraph). Often, it comes down to working closely together with the marketing team from the client and the creative director to ascertain the vision and messaging of an ad. The usual emphasis is on simple, easy to understand language. We are writing text for ads, not a novel. Messaging is kept simple so that consumers won't get confused by the message. But personally, I like to m

The Chua Soi Lek vs Lim Guan Eng Debate - The Dangers Of Partisan Politics

The debate that has been garnering quite a bit of anticipation over the weeks has finally happened. Lim Guan Eng from the DAP(current Chief Minister of Penang) took on MCA's President, Chua Soi Lek in a debate that was aired on Astro Awani earlier today. It was in Mandarin with translators translating the whole debate into Bahasa Malaysia(as best as they could). This is indeed a rather momentous occasion to have a political debate be aired on TV(granted it was Astro Awani, but it is still a significant moment nevertheless). Both of them agreed that they would like to see more of such debates happening. I would add that debates such as these expand the knowledge horizon of Malaysians and create awareness amongst the plebeians on the positions that our leaders take on key issues affecting the nation. It is rather unfortunate that I felt there was less of a focus on these key issues and a overblown insistence on putting the blame on the opposition(and by opposition I mean the other pa

Big Brother's Authoritative Streak - The Problem With Using Laws

The Nut Graph posted this little piece over here that is another indication of how the Malaysian government feels it needs to tell us, the honest people, how to live our lives. Just like the peaceful assembly act, just like the Universities and Colleges act, the Race Relations Act is yet another attempt of plugging in loopholes in our dysfunctional society. It's a stop gap measure that big brother uses all too often. Don't get me wrong, I find racism and discrimination of any sort repulsive. But the sheer audacity of the state to assume authority to control society is... quite contrary to the enlightenment, and egalitarian principles. It's sort of like repairing a damaged wooden village house. They take a plank and a hammer and hammer away to seal a gap, rather carelessly. Cracks and problems start to appear few years down the road as all manner of cretins manage to squeeze their way in through the impenetrable 'act'. The fact is, people will always find ways