So the whole thing about quiting smoking... didn't quite work out. I lasted about 1 and a half days without cigarettes. So I've dropped plans of rewarding myself with a fancy phone. Will just go for a functional phone instead. Checking the internet and posting on social sites etc. I don't want to talk much about the failure to quit smoking. Won't even think of doing this ever again unless I'm dead serious(which I thought I was). Anyway will m ake another post soon on another topic.
George Orwell(1903-1950) famously known for his work 1984, was a master of the prose. I posit that the words he had written in the opening chapter of Homage to Catalonia stands as a vivid painting of the landscape of a Catalonia swept up by revolutionary fervour. I dare say his description is even more haunting and real than the video documentaries produced on the Spanish Civil War. Here's a short example: "The revolutionary posters were everywhere, flaming from the walls in clean reds and blue that made the few remaining advertisements look like daubs of mud. Down the Ramblas( NOTE : La Rambla is a street in Barcelona ), the wide central artery of town where crowds of people streamed constantly to and fro, the loudspeakers were bellowing revolutionary songs all day and far into the night. And it was the aspect of the crowds that was the queerest thing of all. In outward appearance it was a town in which the wealthy classes had practically ceased to exist." Hom...
Comments
Post a Comment