Skip to main content

An Update On The Blog

Some big plans ahead for beginning new blogs. Which means this will remain as my personal blog. But what is going to happen is that write ups on books will go on a new book blog. There'll also be a blog on food stuff which is really interesting... I promise you, you have not read anything quite like it. Not your average food blog. The movie reviews will remain on my personal blog here. I don't have any intention to write about movies in detail just yet.

What to expect from this blog? Just my personal rants, thoughts, emotional outbursts(okay maybe not this, I save it for others). Write ups on the state of politics, which I admit, haven't done much of lately. It's not in any real state that is worthy of a comment to be frank. Oh and write ups about things in life that annoy me... like my write up on marriage. Keep an eye out on my new blogs which I'll be creating soon. Until next time, don't let the lemurs fight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orwell Made Me Queer

George Orwell(1903-1950) famously known for his work 1984, was a master of the prose. I posit that the words he had written in the opening chapter of Homage to Catalonia stands as a vivid painting of the landscape of a Catalonia swept up by revolutionary fervour. I dare say his description is even more haunting and real than the video documentaries produced on the Spanish Civil War. Here's a short example: "The revolutionary posters were everywhere, flaming from the walls in clean reds and blue that made the few remaining advertisements look like daubs of mud. Down the Ramblas( NOTE : La Rambla is a street in Barcelona ), the wide central artery of town where crowds of people streamed constantly to and fro, the loudspeakers were bellowing revolutionary songs all day and far into the night. And it was the aspect of the crowds that was the queerest thing of all. In outward appearance it was a town in which the wealthy classes had practically ceased to exist." Hom...

Homage To Catalonia - Someday I Shall Have Coffee at Huesca

Homage to Catalonia is one of the best(if not the best) wartime accounts from on the the best writer of our times. Serving with the leftist POUM militia(Partido Obrero de Unificación Marxista), Homage to Catalonia captures the optimism and idealism of revolutionary Spain. It then explores the mundaneness of trench warfare, which was more like non warfare. The treachery, living in fear of being outed, street fighting in Barcelona all vividly expressed. Even in the humdrum nature of it all, George Orwell writes a captivating account that manages to share with its readers the horrors and poor conditions of those in the front line and the political backstabbing from those that are far away from the actual fighting. A turbulent history of Spanish history with a huge variety of political entities fighting against fascism and against themselves. Homage to Catalonia ends with the hauntingly prescient paragraph in which Orwell expresses his disdain for his fellow En...

Marriage - Y U NO MAKE SENSE TO ME?!

Today's topic is a little personal. Marriage... it's a mixed, twisted and perplexing affair if you live in an Indian family. If you've reach the age where your family and relatives start to pester you about marriage, then you know the mental torture that precedes it. If your parents are the pro active type and start looking for a bride or groom, then ironically, you'll be the last to know about it. Why do they do that? The most awkward and embarrassing situation is being in a family dinner(out with relatives) or visit and having one of your parents bring up the subject of marriage only to completely catch you off guard. You what? but why? The conversation then just falls silent and then someone courteously tries to offer some advice to you. I appreciate their concern but I'm quite happy the way I am. This may sound weird, but I have always found marriage to be a rather ludicrous precept(I know I'm about to cause some divisions here with my friends, bu...